Friday, May 6, 2011

Bad News, Good Trip

We went back to Nurse Ana today and she was skeptical about me walking long distances.  We have made the decision to stop.  I walked around in my boots this afternoon and decided that it is foolish to stress all the new skin on my feet when the old stuff did not fare so well.  When Mary talked to the sweet owner of our Hostal she said,  in a French accent "Its always de feet, with pilgrims its alway de feet!"
I have had a great experience, and have enjoyed travelling with Mary-- we laugh and cry at the same things.  We have met great friends, seen parts of Spain I never dreamed existed.  We walked 250km in the rain and sunshine, over mountains and in river valleys and even in a river (which was my fatal flaw).  And these last three days in Zamora have been great.  The trip has been a success.
I am sad not to complete the Camino this time and hope I keep hiking at home and can come back and finish it another year!
We´ve had the best food in Zamora, and ate a really fancy restaurant last night.  Today we visited a castillian museum, that shows the history of this area--very interesting.

We love the protesting fireman exdposing their lack of clothes!


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Barb,
    I am glad your trip has been so wonderful. I am also glad you have decided to take care of yourself, and look forward to another day. All the best on the rest of your journey.
    Love,
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete